Sunday, November 11, 2012

From Joe

A guest blog post from Joe:


Yes to a blog post....
But first wanted to say something to the two of you....before you set off on your last day....
 
Personally, what you two have done is simply wonderful, yes there was a cycling challenge that needed to be tackled day in and day out....you needed to fight fatigue around every corner, you needed to eat when your body and mind said I can't eat right now, it will make me sick! And you had to deal with the day in and day out of not being in your own "backyard", missing work, missing your own bed.....your food etc....
 
All of those miles, Jody, on your legs has your body talking back to you right now....asking for some relief....(give it a few days and it will want action, trust me on this one).....
 
Janie, coming out of surgery and getting on the bike so soon....you too should feel like a champ for what you have accomplished during this trip as well....
 
For me, you have given me two wonderful gifts.....first and most important, I loved how I saw the two of you mix and mingle....and I saw the love you both share for each other....and all the fun you two have with each other....it was truly wonderful for me to witness this....I would normally not write stuff like this to my clients....but I feel way more attached and open with the two of you and felt you have given me a wonderful gift and you needed to know that.
Number two, the dollar bills....or should I say the "symbol" of giving.....it is so small...yet so meaningful.....and yes I lived up to it....and was happy doing so....So thank you for sharing that part with me.....again....it will always be with me.
And I guess I there is a third.....thanks for having me along for the ride as well....I enjoyed all of my time with you!! And will cherish those days in the Rockies....
So as you finish up today....
Ride safe....be well.....keep your eyes and a big thank you from Rod, to Nicole, to Peter and myself....we wish you the ride of your life today!
 
Joe


No comments:

Post a Comment