Wednesday, October 31, 2012

It's a Doggone Good Life, in Louisiana

From Janie (second of two posts today):

Wednesday, October 31.  Happy Halloween!!

Between us, we got chased by dogs four or five times today.  None of them particularly serious.  A big brown hound ambled and barked after both of us.  I went by first, chased the full length of the yard.  The dog stopped, I coasted, the utility locate workers were laughing, asking if I was ok.  'Yup.'  'That'll get your heart going, won't it!' one of them said.  Yes, indeed, it did. 

Beautiful back roads early in the day.  Some shoulderless riding with traffic later in the day.  Jody chased hard to catch me.  Gotta say, I'd much rather hear him coming up on my shoulder than the four-legged hound dogs!

66 miles of today's route for Jody, plus another 10 of the beginning of tomorrow's.  Tomorrow will be a long day.  87 miles, even after the 10 Jody knocked off today.  56 miles for me in just under four hours.  Pretty much flat all day. 

Fabulous lunch today - hummus, avocado, raisins, cheese, spinach on whole wheat bread.  Camp chairs.  Sodas and chips.  Sitting in the Louisiana sunshine.  You'd never guess it'll be November tomorrow.

It matters not what road we take but rather what we become on the journey.
     ~Janie's fortune cookie at dinner tonight

2 comments:

  1. That was really your fortune cookie? Wow... Reggi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. That really was my fortune cookie. Can't make this stuff up.

    ReplyDelete