Monday, September 17, 2012

Dog Days

From Janie:

Monday night, September 17.

We've done laundry, rested, eaten fabulous food, had margaritas and beer and other libations.  Gene and Gail are fabulous hosts.  And fabulous friends.  With two of the world's cutest little dogs.  Yes, I'm allergic, but between extra antihistimines, tile floors, dogs that don't shed much and a closed bedroom door, I'm doing ok.

Bailey and Whiskey.
 
Whiskey and Bailey.
 
I've been catching up on blog posts tonight.  I have one more to go, but I'm a little too tired to finish laying the pictures into the story of Jody's first century on this trip.  I hope to get to that tomorrow. 

Tonight we sleep.  Tomorrow morning we pack up the car, stop at the grocery store on the way out of Santa Fe to Albuquerque to pick of Joe Tonon of Destination Cycling, and head back to Kayenta to pick up the ride again.  Joe will be our third for the next seven days.

Two quotes tonight, the first for my dear friend Gene.  The second for my dear friend Gail.

Beer is a recovery drink.
      ~Peter Doran

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
    ~Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment